I was born in Toronto and grew up in London, England. I've lived and worked in Dublin, London, and Seoul.
After publishing my first books (Ojingogo and Jinchalo) with Drawn & Quarterly, I moved to LA where I was Lead Designer on Adventure Time for Cartoon Network.
Now I live in Montreal where I design for animation and I make picture books and comic books.
The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Cartoon Network, Dreamworks, Nickelodeon, Netflix, Simon & Schuster, Chronicle Books, Penguin Random House, Netflix, Drawn & Quarterly, The David Suzuki Foundation
- 2014 EB White Read Aloud Award
- 2013 CLA Illustrator of the Year
- 2012 New York Times Notable Book of the Year
- 2012 Quill & Quire Book of the Year
- 2009 Quill & Quire Book of the Year
- 2009 Doug Wright Award for Canadian Cartooning
- 2005 Eisner Award Nominee
- 2004 Eisner Award Nominee
- Graphic Storytelling Program, VIA university, Denmark, 2015
- Book Expo America 2015
- Leeds College of Art 2014
- Book Expo America 2014
- San Diego Comic Con 2013
- Banff Center for the Arts 2011