I'm a cartoonist and book illustrator.
I have lived and worked in Dublin, London and Seoul. My first comic, Ojingogo was nominated for two Eisner awards and a Doug Wright Award.
I lived in Los Angeles from 2012 to 2014 where I was the Lead Designer on the show Adventure Time at Cartoon Network.
The first picture book I made, My Name is Elizabeth (2011, Kids Can Press) was a NY Times Notable Book of the Year and my second picture book, Do Not Open This Book (Simon & Schuster, 2013) won the E.B. White Read Aloud Award in 2013.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
For book-related enquiries, please contact Judy Hansen at email@example.com
Selected Awards & Honours
- 2017 Mordecai Richler Writer in Residence, Concordia University
- 2016 Guest Lecturer, VIA University, Denmark
- 2014-2105 Emmy Award Honour for Contribution to Outstanding Short-Format Animated Program (Adventure Time, Cartoon Network)
- 2013 Guest Speaker, Royal College of Art, Leeds
- 2013 E.B. White Read Aloud Award
- 2012 Society of Illustrators Book Illustration
- 2011 New York Times Notable Picture Book
- 2008 Quill & Quire Book of the Year, Ojingogo
- 2008 Doug Wright award for Canadian Cartooning
- 2005 Eisner nominee, Best Digital Comic, Ojingogo
- 2004 Eisner nominee, Best Digital Comic, Ojingogo
New York Times / Wall St Journal / Dreamworks Animation / Cartoon Network / Nickelodeon Animation / Netflix / Little Brown / Simon & Schuster / Drawn & Quarterly / Koyama Press / The Walrus / Chronicle Books / McGill News / Penguin / Random House
- The Brilliant Deep* (Chronicle Books, 2018)
- The Bad Mood & The Stick* (Little Brown, 2017)
- The Gold Leaf* (Enchanted Lion, 2017)
- Please Open This Book* (Simon & Schuster, 2015)
- Do Not Open This Book* (Simon & Schuster, 2013)
- My Name is Elizabeth* (Kids Can Press 2011)
- Jinchalo (Drawn & Quarterly, 2012)
- Comics Class (2012, Koyama Press)
- Ojingogo (Drawn & Quarterly, 2008)