I was born in Toronto, Canada, and grew up in London, England and Welland, Ontario. I've lived and worked in Dublin, London, and Seoul. After publishing my first comic books (Ojingogo and Jinchalo) with Drawn & Quarterly, I moved to LA and was lead designer on the tv show, Adventure Time for around 70 episodes (two seasons).
Now, I live in Montreal where I'm a designer for TV animation and I make picture books and comic books.
Contact me here!
The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Cartoon Network, Dreamworks, Nickelodeon, Simon & Schuster, Chronicle Books, Penguin Random House, Netflix, Drawn & Quarterly, The David Suzuki Foundation
- 2014 EB White Read Aloud Award
- 2013 CLA Illustrator of the Year
- 2012 New York Times Notable Book of the Year
- 2012 Quill & Quire Book of the Year
- 2009 Quill & Quire Book of the Year
- 2009 Doug Wright Award for Canadian Cartooning
- 2005 Eisner Award Nominee
- 2004 Eisner Award Nominee
- Graphic Storytelling Program, VIA university, Denmark, 2105
- Book Expo America 2015
- Leeds College of Art 2014
- Book Expo America 2014
- San Diego Comic Con 2013
- Banff Center for the Arts 2011